Steven Carter has way too much free time and the uncanny ability to listen to a hundred cover versions of the same song to try and find the interesting ones without going completely insane. Some songs have hardly been covered at all. Some have been covered way too many times. A few not at all. The results of this obsessive behaviour are assembled into rebuilds of classic albums made out of cover versions.
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – Trousdale
- You Still Believe in Me – M. Ward
- That’s Not Me – Los Rios Rock School
- Don’t Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) – Wild Pony, Breanne Düren
- I’m Waiting For The Day – Antenna Shoes
- Let’s Go Away for Awhile – Golab
- Sloop John B – Barry McGuire
- God Only Knows – Claudine Longet
- I Know There’s An Answer – Sonic Youth
- Here Today – Luis Prado
- I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times – Sixpence None The Richer
- Pet Sounds – The Tremolo Beer Gut
- Caroline, No – Chrissie Hynde, The Valve Bone Woe Ensemble
Somewhere out in the digital wastelands, where the media streams congeal to become vast rivers depositing layer upon layer of binary silt washed down from the great cities, a lone figure crouches at the bank patiently sifting through the filth, panning for sonic gold. Occasional flickers of brightness catch on his mind and another nugget is pulled from the dirt, an echo of an echo of the past, ready to be formed into ancient and delicate structures.